For information on any positions listed, please contact the Texas Agricultural Cooperative Council at 512-450-0555.
♦ Executive Vice President (posted 9/13/2018) ♦
Location: The area represented extends roughly from east of Abilene to the
southeastern Panhandle of Texas.
Company: Rolling Plains Cotton Growers, Inc.
Position: Executive Vice President
Brief Description of Organization:
Rolling Plains Cotton Growers, Inc. (RPCG) is an organization comprised of cotton producers in 31 counties of northwest Texas. The area represented extends roughly from east of Abilene to the southeastern Panhandle of Texas.
The organization seeks to represent its members interests in administrative, regulatory and legislative affairs on a local, state and national level. RPCG sends representatives to the National Cotton Council, American Cotton Producers, Texas Cotton Producers, Cotton Board, Cotton Incorporated, and the Texas State Support Committee.
Some issues that are currently being addressed include the farm bill, cotton contamination, chemical drift regulations, crop insurance, market promotion, production research and environmental regulations.
- Applications will be accepted until September 20, 2018.
- BS or BA degree minimum, agricultural major preferred
- Must reside in the 31 county region RPCG represents
- Experience in Ag related position preferred, especially in the cotton industry
- Must be a self starter
- Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills with a wide diversity of people
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have media and public relations experience
- Basic word processing and data management computer skills are necessary
- Financial management skills required
- Event or conference planning experience preferred
- Willing to travel to meetings for National Cotton Council, Texas Cotton Producers, Texas Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation, American Cotton Producers, gins meetings in the region and other events as needed.
- Will be responsible for managing office without assistance or supervision.
- Will assist the officers and delegates in representing organization.
- Will keep producer leaders and members informed of developments affecting the cotton industry. This could include mailed newsletter, email and social media.
- Will maintain close contact with member producers and gins.
- Will help identify areas of concern among producers and work on developing solutions.
- Work closely with National Cotton Council in developing policy for the cotton industry and work through leadership to see them implemented.
- Will help identify and cultivate new producer leaders for organization.
- Will work on expanding membership
- Will be responsible for preparation of the annual membership meeting as well as meetings of the executive committee and the board of directors.
- Perform other duties for the organization as determined by the board of directors.
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
Inquiries and Applications:
Rolling Plains Cotton Growers, Inc
PO Box 5382
Abilene, TX 79608
For more information call the RPCG office at 325-669-6447.