Position: General Manager
Location: Schulenburg Farmer’s Co-op in Schulenburg, Texas
Schulenburg Farmer’s Co-op is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to be the general manager at a feed and fertilizer store in Schulenburg, Texas. The store specializes in mixing feeds, the application of fertilizer & weed killer, and also carries an extensive line of livestock supplies. This co-op is operated by a board, with the general manager being the key component for communication and ideas between store employees and the board.
Prospective candidates must offer excellent customer service and relationship building skills, while also displaying a willingness to learn. Need an individual who is enthusiastic to take the company to the next level by incorporating fresh ideas and setting up projects for future success. Candidates who have knowledge or a background in agriculture and/or retail are preferred. Bonuses will be paid as set goals are met.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Provide excellent customer service
- Guide customers to properly manage their fields, livestock, gardens, and pets
- Answer phones and maintain records
- Achieve and maintain a pesticide applicator license
- Work closely with feed representatives
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Able to operate forklift and/or tractor
- Small maintenance/repair abilities are a plus
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in an Ag-related field, or 5+ years of similar experience
Job Title: Warehouse Operations Supervisor
Company: Texas Cotton Growers Cooperative Association (Taylor Compress) Taylor Compress is the warehouse division of an agricultural cooperative that focuses on the flow of materials from Central Texas cotton gins to textile mills. With 3 locations serving 300+ members we pride ourselves in providing exceptional service to our industry.
Location: Taylor Compress Plant #1 & #3, Taylor, Texas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and assigns work for most efficient use of personnel and equipment.
- Walks all areas of the plant; to ensure storage areas are maintained and comply with Company standards, shipments are completed on time, bales are repaired as needed, employees are working safely, and potential safety hazards are identified and addressed.
- Enforces safety standards to reduce accidents and related expenses resulting from unsafe work practices. Conduct monthly safety meeting.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of department budget.
- Other duties as required
Direct: 6-10 Employees
- Possess thorough knowledge of material handling equipment.
- Understanding of inventory management systems.
- Must have working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to warehouse operations.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner required.
- During part of the workday the incumbent will be moving about the warehouse floor and potential hazards exist in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Temperatures in the warehouse may vary between –20 to 100+ degrees.
- Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance ranges for those specific work areas.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent will use computers, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of the workday.